ThinkStation Updates Dual-Processor Workstations with New Intel Processors
Lenovo just announced that their dual-processor workstation line (ThinkStation P910 and P710) have been updated with the latest professional processors from Intel. What’s the “So What?“…. two simple words, more power!
These workstations are the highest-performing with the largest capacity for expandability within the Lenovo workstation product line. And thanks to the new Intel Xeon E5-2600 v4 processors, they are now even more powerful – running up to 22% faster than our previous generation.*
*Source: SPEC WPC 2.0 Geometric mean, system configured Intel Xeon E5 2620 v4 x2, NVIDIA Quadro M4000 compared to previous generation with Intel Xeon E5-2620 v3 x2, NVIDIA Quadro K4200.
Intel expanded their Xeon line of chips with new models aiming to boost computing performance, targeted at cloud computing. The Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family delivers “the foundation for modern, software-defined clouds.” The new Xeons include 20% more cores and cache compared to previous generation chips, support faster memory, and include other integrated technology to accelerate processing.
Intel Makes Move to the Cloud Faster, Easier
“Enterprises want to benefit from the efficiency and agility of cloud architecture and on their own terms – using the public cloud offerings, deploying their own private cloud, or both,” said Diane Bryant, senior vice president and general manager of Intel’s Data Center Group. “The result is pent-up demand for software-defined infrastructure. Intel is investing to mature SDI solutions and provide a faster path for businesses of all sizes to reap the benefits of the cloud.”
[Read the Press Release for more details]
The Power You Need For However You Work
ThinkStation by Lenovo – Every system we build is engineered to keep up with the most demanding professions. What kind of workstation is right for you?
Key Specs and Features:
- Supports the latest Intel Xeon E5-2600 v4 dual processor configurations
- Up to NVIDIA Quadro M6000 graphics with 24GB VRAM, including support for three cards (within the ThinkStation P910)
- Memory up to 1TB on the ThinkStation P910 and 384GB DDR4 on the ThinkStation P710
- Flexibility / expandability within the 14 drive bays available in the ThinkStation P910 and 12 drive bays available in the ThinkStation P710
- Cooler than ever before with a revolutionary tri-channel design and unique air baffle maximize airflow, keeping components running cool, quiet, and strong
- Environmentally-conscious with Energy Star 6.2 qualification, EPEAT Gold, GreenGuard, 80 PLUS certification and more
There are many things impressive about the P-Series ThinkStations… the power (insert Tim Allen man grunts here), the quality, the reliability, but also the flexibility. Whether you load it up right-away or expand in the future, the ThinkStation has plenty of room for more memory, storage capacity, I/O slots, even bigger power supplies.
The ThinkStation P910 has room for up to 14-drives (both 2.5″ & 3.5″ hard drives). Its FLEX Bays are device independent meaning you can easily mix and match just about anything you’ll need… HDD, ultraslim ODD, 29-in-1 media card reader, and firewire. And, you can swap out everything in the chassis without a single tool… even the motherboard!
For additional information, visit www.thinkworkstations.com