Siemens announced the release of FEMAP 11.1, which is ready to download. Following a great version 11 release, 11.1 contains a wide range of enhancements and some new functionality. The list is quite impressive and offers something for everyone.
The what’s new brief from Siemens highlighted:
- Improved graphics performance and faster model manipulation
- Improved flexibility in creating models and extending geometry modeling methods
- Ease of use improvements in FE model creation and control
- Faster and more flexible postprocessing
- Extended analysis discipline with enhanced NX Nastran integration
Additional items I dug up in the brief summary were:
- Tetrahedral Auto-meshing will now force multiple elements through a thickness
- Enhanced Midsurface extraction
- OpenGL 4.2 shader support (shader workload now handled by GPU)
- Copy and offset mesh by specified distance
- Charting enhancements
- Much more…
Get all the details here at the Siemens Femap 11.1 What’s New page.