Lenovo keeps just chugging along, releasing new and updated technology. This includes introducing their new line of “Tiny” workstations with the ThinkStation P320 Tiny. Here are a few items from Lenovo that recently caught my eye.
ThinkStation P320 Tiny
The ThinkStation P320 Tiny is the “World’s Smallest Workstation“. It is extremely compact at only 1.4″ x 7.1″ x 7.2” (35.6 mm x 180.3 mm x 182.88 mm) and it weighs less than 3-pounds (1.36 kg)!
Even with its compact size, the unit is still ISV-certified. It provides 7th Generation Intel Core processors, 32 GB DDR4 RAM, a NVIDIA Quadro P600, and support for up to six independent displays.
This unit is built so that screwdrivers are not required to remove the cover, nor swap components. The inputs are easily accessible, regardless if the unit is horizontal or vertical.
Looking for an entry-to-mid-level CAD station? At the price point, the size, and the specs, this is the unit for you. Starting at US$799 with the following configuration:
- Processor: 7th Gen Intel Core i3-7100T (3.4Ghz)
- Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro P600
- Memory: 4GB DDR4 @2400MHz SODIMM
- Storage: 256GB SSD M.2 NVMe
- OS: Win 10 Pro 64-bit
- Vertical stand included
Lenovo Yoga 910
If you’ve been with D&M for a while you’ll know that both myself and my daughters love the Lenovo Yogas.
“DESIGNED TO TURN HEADS: The Yoga 910 is a sleek and powerful laptop that makes a stylish statement about how you work and play. Its all-metal unibody design and ultrathin bezel catches the eye, while its fast performance, high-definition 4K display and immersive sound inspire your imagination. More than just a laptop, the Yoga 910 understands your lifestyle.”
The Yoga 910 is built like the other Yogas with the watchband style hinge and sleek design. This version, however, is built from an all-metal (aluminum) unibody making it very durable. It is only 0.56″ (14.3mm) thick and comes in at a mear 3lbs (1.38 kg).
Video wise, this Lenovo tablet provides “nearly edgeless” 4K high-definition touchscreen.
The 910 includes a finger print reader for quicker log-ins and improved speakers for better sound.
The specs (high-end unit):
- Intel i7-7500U Processor (2.70GHz 4MB)
- Windows 10 Pro
- Intel HD Graphics 620
- 16GB DDR2 2133 MHz RAM
- 1TB PCle SSD
- 2 x JBL stereo speakers (with Dolby Audio Premium)
- Backlit Keyboard
- 12.72″ x 8.84″ x 0.56″ / 323 x 224.5 x 14.3 (mm)
See more here.
Lenovo ThinkPad P51 Mobile Workstation
Scott had the opportunity to use the Lenovo P50 Mobile Workstation and his conclusion was that he didn’t want to give it back!
Now the P51 is available with updates across the board. The P51 provides the same great form as the P50, but 1/2-lb (230 g) lighter. The improved battery should provide longer run times. Performance wise the P51’s uses newer 7th generation Intel Quad-Core processors providing a slight boost over the processors in the P50. Graphics wise, the P51 utilizes newer cards from NVIDIA. The biggest improvement comes from the speed and amount of VRAM now available.
This unit is truly built for the “road warrior”. Here are the specs:
- Processor: up to 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7820HQ Processor (8MB Cache, up to 3.9GHz) or Intel Xeon E3-1535v6 Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.20GHz)
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- Display: 15.6″ 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) Anti-Glare IPS | 15.6″ FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS 10-point Multi-Touch | 15.6″ FHD (1920 x 1080) Anti-Glare IPS
- Graphics: Up to NVIDIA Quadro® M1200 4GB GDDR5
- Memory: Up to 64GB DDR4 2400 MHz
- Storage: Up to 1TB HDD 5400 RPM or 1TB PCIe SSD OPAL2.0
I’ve been using a P410 ThinkStation the past couple months and I’m putting the final touches on my review… keep an eye out for it!