Ahh, spring is in the air. The grass is turning green and the trees are budding. The geese are back from their winter vacation. The NHL playoffs are about to start and the new Autodesk products are out. Such a great time of year!
Hard to believe that this year is Inventor’s 20 year anniversary. Where has the time gone?
Getting More Done
Autodesk focused this release on solving complex product design challenges and getting more done in less time. Inventor 2020 delivers (from Inventor’s help):
- Enhanced User Interface (UI) and Workflows – Streamlined part modeling, smart sketch profile detection, multi-monitor app frame, and a modernized look and feel.
- Customer-DrivenImprovements – Solid sweep, frame design productivity, complex surface unwrap and flattening, read-only mode, settings presets, and several more from Inventor Ideas that came directly from you.
- Continued Delivery of Professional Grade Functionality – Faster import, patterning, navigation, Tube & Pipe route edits, as well as expanded Express Mode functionality
- Multiple Fixes Improving Stability and Quality
Inventor 2020 3D CAD software for mechanical design improves workflows with increased performance, better collaboration and new professional-grade design tools.-Autodesk Website
Inventor 2020 is a solid release, with many new and updated features. I am confident you’ll find something making it worth the upgrade.
Here’s our deep-dive into this update:
- User Interface Enhancements
- Productivity and Workflow Updates
- Frame Generator Enhancements