Recently I was trying to work around more an more missing EG data, and trying to retune my corridor to get a early preliminary plan out. I was so in such a hurry to get thing out, and so frustrated in how things were going, that I failed to retune my corridor after adjusting the assemblies. I thought it might be a good post.
I am using some lame cross section colors; EG ad FG are the same red. Sorry.
Notice below that the daylight in the template really isn’t trying. Where it does cross the FG, the telltale intersection marker is not there.
Think methodically. The daylight is carried out by following the instructions in the assembly. Double check the assembly, and we find everything is ok. We just changed it.
Then the daylight instructions are carried out in accordance with the targets passed down by the corridor. Check the corridor.
A review the target assignments leads us to the problem. It can’t daylight if it is blind.
When we remove and replace an assembly daylight, that old corridor component link is gone, and with it the instructions of what to target. When the new link comes in, there are no target instructions either since it’s new to the corridor. So we reassign the targets and rebuild the corridor.
Now the corridor responds properly.