It is easy to create another standard view in Inventor drawings, but what about when the view has been detailed or you have a customized Parts List? You can easily copy Views and Parts Lists from sheet to sheet, complete with all the annotations associated.
Copy / Paste
- Select the items to copy: Select from the Graphics Window or from the Browser.
- Pick the Sheet header in the browser
- Paste through the context menu: After picking the header, right-click -> and select Paste.
Drag / Drop Between Sheets
Alternately, you can drag to copy the items.
- Select the items to be copied: The same procedure applies from above
- Pick / drag the selected items towards the browser
- Drop into the view tree: This is the odd part. You need to drop the items down into the tree organization. Just pull you cursor down below where the Views are organized; you should notice the darkened line marker alerting you to where the items will be copied. When satisfied, release the mouse button.
In the example above notice the Parts List and views that were copied. All annotations were copied over with the views. In this example I’ve edited the parts list and balloons according the the sheet purpose after the copy was complete.