Autodesk has announced that Ellis Furniture, a UK based furniture manufacturer, is their 2012 Inventor of the Year. The consideration was made with product quality in mind as well as the the outstanding and innovative use of Autodesk’s Digital Prototyping software.
- Ellis uses Autodesk Inventor, Vault data management, and 3ds Max rendering software in order to:
- Review initial furniture design concepts with customers 20 percent faster
- Establish material sources and costs up to 40 percent faster
- Produce customized variations in their room furniture as part of their streamlined process
- Cut time to market by half (The pertinent relationships are not further clarified)
Tom Ellis, the director, was reported to have said “We see the furniture market moving quickly toward a preference for more custom elements, and Autodesk software is helping us meet that need in a timely manner and cut our time to market by half.”
I have been glad to see better integration and implementation in the manufacturing industry. Ellis Furniture seems to have harnessed these benefits in their operation for quick turn-a-round furniture design modifications (which seems to be at the heart of their operation), and fast postings to the shop floor… Not to mention the gorgeous product renders. This was my favorite.
Image courtesy of Ellis Furniture. See more and the press blog here:
Also, check out Ellis Furniture’s online display, click here: http://www.ellisfurniture.co.uk/